The paraglider is a great tool for moving quickly and safely around the city as zombies can’t reach you in the air. You can also jump from any heights you want and get from A to B very fast. However it will take a while before you can unlock the paraglider in Dying Light 2.
How to unlock the paraglider in Dying Light 2
The paraglider is unlocked by progressing in the main storyline. Once you complete “Let’s Waltz!”, and start the new main quest called “A place to call home”, you will reach the new region Central Loop. You arrive on a rooftop and Lawan gifts you a paraglider to move across the high rises in the new city. She will also quickly take you through the basics on how to use the paraglider in Dying Light 2.
How to use the paraglider
To use the paraglider you first have to find a high place to jump from like a building. Then jump over the edge and activate the paraglider to start floating around in the air. You need to stabilize the paraglider to maintain height, or else you will fall too fast to reach your distance. Note that the paraglider consumes stamina and you will start falling when it goes down to zero.
Air vents and air streams will help you maintain speed and height, by giving you a major speed boost. Aiming for those streams of air when traveling across the city with your paraglider will save you large amounts of time.
- PC: Press Z while in the air to open, Press S to pull up and stabilize
- Playstation: Press Square while in the air to open, pull thumbstick down pull up and stabilize
- Xbox: Press X while in the air to open, pull thumbstick down pull up and stabilize
How to upgrade the paraglider in Dying Light 2
The paraglider is very ineffective and it will not be able to take you across the city before it’s upgraded. Head over to the craftmaster and go to the upgrade section in the top. Look for the Nightrunner tools to find the paraglider blueprint.
- Level 1: Increase maneuverability and range, plus adds the ability to increase height while in flight. Costs 2 Military tech and 1000 Old World Money.
- Level 2: Adds the ability to boost speed. Costs 3 Military Tech and 2000 Old World Money
How to get military tech
Military tech is a rare material used to upgrade Aidens tools. Military tech is found in crates located in the highest part of the city. Use binoculars to scout buildings and mark the military tech on your map.