TaleWorlds is often updating Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord with patches for two different versions of the game. The stable branch and the beta branch. The beta branch often has a lot of cool new features, but usually unstable. This is a quick step-by-step guide on how to get to play the beta version of Bannerlord.
This guide is a part of the complete Bannerlord guide covering most of frequently asked questions for the game.
How to play the beta version
- Open your Steam client and go to library.
- Right click Bannerlord and click properties.
- Go to the “Betas” tab in the sidebar.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom to find the newest released version. It will be called e1.x.x – beta. Select it and close the window.
- Now Steam is installing the update.
- Start the game and it will be the new beta version.
To check if you correctly activated the beta, you can check the bottom left corner when opening the game. It will state which version of Bannerlord you are currently on.
Note that the version might not be compatible with your earlier save-games and it might get corrupted if you try and load them.
See a list of all the TaleWorlds updates for Bannerlord.